Monday, January 7, 2013

Garlic Rosemary Focaccia

Though my previous "classic white bread" making attempts have failed, I am determined to become a master. I've searched through and examined various bread recipes, and found artisan breads to be a little easier and could perhaps be considered a "beginner's couse" in bread making. I decided to make a garlic rosemary focaccia and loosely followed this recipe for guidance.

Rather than using different flours I stuck with white all-purpose flour through out, used dried rosemary on top instead of a blend of fresh herbs, was fairly generous with my use of garlic and was maybe not as precise with my measurements as I should have been. Overall the focaccia turned out delicious with a lightly crisped crust and just the right amount of flavour. Combine some balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil for dipping, some olives on the side, and this bread makes for a great appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment