Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Good Books: Oh She Glows Cookbook

As much as I would like to count this as another book read for my 25-book pledge...don't worry, I know better. I'm not going to be one of those sneaky readers who ups their book count with cookbooks, storybooks and goodnight moon. If you're over the age of 6 and counting goodnight moon for anything, get a hold of yourself! That does not count!

Anyways, all that being said, I actually have finished another book for my pledge. I recently finished The Giver by Lois Lowry but apparently I'm the only person in the universe who hadn't read this during grade school so I'm going to save you a review. To sum up - it was great, and the newly released movie trailer does not do it justice.

The book I'm actually here to tell you about is the Oh She Glows Cookbook. I first shared with you the wonders of the Oh She Glows vegan food blog in this post, and since the release of the cookbook, food has gotten so much better. I was wandering through the bookstore, caught sight of this beauty, and after just a couple page turns I knew I had to have it. It has honestly become one of the greatest cookbooks in my collection. Each recipe comes with a picture, is easy to follow, and leaves you with some of the tastiest dishes you'll ever try. From tortilla soup to homemade rolos to chickpea salad to lentil walnut meatloaf, everything in this cookbook is a win. If you're a vegan, vegetarian, healthy eater or food experimenter get this book in your collection stat, or at least check out the blog. Every recipe I've tried so far has been fantastic, and I can't wait to try a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment