Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday. There are no obligations to do anything but relax, enjoy the outdoors, and eat till your heart's content. I was sure to make some pies to enjoy (both pumpkin and pecan) and had more than my share of mashed potatoes. Our thanksgiving has been a bit busier than usual but I still made sure I took the time to read a good book, spend time with family and friends, and reflect over all the things I have to be grateful for.


While we're counting our blessings, I thought it'd be a nice idea to share a few of my favourite organizations, and offer a chance for giving to those in need. 

Liberty in North Korea is a non-profit organization  that aims to change the narrative away from the politics and towards the people of North Korea. They provide rescuing and resettlement services for North Korean refugees so they may reach freedom. 

FoodShare is a non-profit organization based in Toronto that works with communities and schools to provide food education and healthy food opportunities. Their programs include community farm shares, school farming programs, cooking classes, and so much more.  

Femme International is one of the only non-profit organizations working in feminine hygiene education.  They are dedicated to educating and empowering all females so that the restrictions and stigmas associated with menstruation may be lifted. 

There are so many worthy causes in the world to which we can donate our time and money, these are the organizations that are close to my heart, but I encourage you to find a cause you're passionate about and support them anyway you can! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment