Monday, March 23, 2015

Homemade Hummus

We got a new food processor and boy is it beautiful! Beautiful and oh so sharp. As amazed as I was with the case full of blades it came with I quickly learned that this machine could be my enemy. My first attempt at making hummus with our new kitchen toy resulted in no hummus, but a couple band aids - all is well! I quickly got over it and tried again and now I am a homemade hummus convert. I looked through a few recipes to get the basic idea of what to put in. It is really so easy, and it makes a tonne! Hummus for days!! 



Ingredients

2 cloves of garlic (or 1 more for extra garlicky)
1 (19-oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons of tahini
2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of water
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

Add the garlic to the food processor and mince. Add in all the ingredients and process until smooth, or desired consistency. That's all you do! To serve drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment